So now you're the President or Secretary, maybe the Membership Director. Now what?
Hopefully by this time you have received a copy of the Officer's Manual and have taken time to read what your new job entails and that of your fellow officers.
Question: What positions make up the Board of Directors?
I see minds working.... Board of Directors? Huh? Your Club Officers make up the Board of Directors which include the positions of president, 1st vice president, secretary, treasurer, tail twister/lion tamer, 2 year director, 1 year director, membership chair, and immediate past president. This is your Board of Directors.
At meetings, when you need a quorum for voting purposes, you need a majority, or more than 50 percent of the officers in attendance in order to take a vote. In this case at least five of these officers need to be in attendance in order to have a legal vote.
Do you know who your officers are for this year?
- President: Lion Mike Allison
- 1st Vice President: Lion Tommy Dawson
- Secretary: Lion Becky Allison
- Treasurer: Lion Joe Molburg
- Tail Twister/Lion Tamer: Lion Allen Butner
- 2 Year Director: Lion Mike Norton
- 1 Year Director: Lion Bob Hurley
- Membership Chair: Lion Neil Atkinson
- Immediate Past President: Lion Joey Ausel