Seminar: Public Speaking Skills for Everyone (by PID Douglas Alexander)
By the way, what does "PID" stand for in front of Douglas's name? Past International Director. Your trivia for the day. Lions show respect to other Lion leaders by acknowledging their titles.
Okay, who loves talking in public? Probably not many of us. Here's some tips that might make it easier:
- Research your topic. Research it, study it, learn it, know it.
- Test equipment and visual aids ahead of time.
- Speak from the heart.
- Look at the audience, all the audience.
- Know the message you want to portray.
- Make it fun, make them laugh.
- Stay on schedule.