Lion Mike and I attended the USA/Canada Forum last month and I have to say, I already forgot everything I learned! But lucky for you.... I had notes! I typed them up today and had so many "ah ha" moments that I just had to share them with you!
Seminar: Fundraising (by Duane Malcolm)
There are three phobias that will affect fundraising efforts:
- Fear of public speaking
- Fear of change
- Fear of failure
- Find someone who is passionate about the cause.
- Take wise risks (you don't want to go in the hole)
Seminar: Rock Star Membership (by Dayna Steele)
This seminar was a little different. Dayna interviewed some Past International Directors and this is what I learned from them:
- When you do a common thing, in an uncommon way, you demand attention.
- Successful people do one thing over and over every single day.
- Treat people nicer than they're treating you.
- Look at the person when you talk.
- Have goals.
- A goal is a dream with a deadline
- Write it down
- Read it every day
- I will do, I will be, I will have