Friday, April 20, 2012

Peddling Along

Earlier this year, Janet L. of S.A.I.L. (SE Alaska Independent Living) was a guest speaker at one of our meetings.  S.A.I.L. is a non-profit organization that assists people with low vision and other challenges, to live independently.  Janet came to our meeting to explain what S.A.I.L. does and to see if there was an opportunity for us to work together.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I heard from Janet.  She started telling me about an older man who had suffered a head injury and is now disabled.  He was looking for a mode of transportation where he could also get some exercise.  Janet was using me as a sounding board to see if I knew where she might find one!

Little did she know that she hit the nail on the head by calling the Mendenhall Flying Lions because it just so happens we have 22 bicycles being restored as part of our Bicycle Recycle Project!  A quick call to Lion Mike A. (who heads up our bicycle project) and we're good to deliver a bike in the next couple days!

Teams working together!

Lion Mike N.

No comments:

Post a Comment