Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Plan....

Lion President Mike Norton's goal this next year is to strengthen our club.  District Governor Cindy Beardsley's theme is, Each One Teach One.  International President Joe Preston's theme is Strengthen the Pride.  

We all got the email from International President Joe Preston, but in case you didn't read it.... here's what it said:  

It is truly an honor to serve as your new international president of Lions Clubs International.  With my 40 years of service as a Lion, I know that we are much more than volunteers.  We're an international family working together to strengthen our communities and the clubs we love.
 
Being a Lion has meant so much to me, but I wouldn't be in the position to serve this great association if someone hadn't asked me to become a Lion.
 
I was just a 21-year-old starting a career when a local businessman invited me to lunch. He didn't tell me where we were going, but he took me to a lunch hosted by my local Lions club.  It was such a great experience, and the club invited me back to the next meeting...and the meeting after that.  And before long, I was a Lion.
 
As Lions, it's our mission to serve, but it's also our duty to ask new members to join our clubs.  I hope you will join me in strengthening our membership and our service throughout the year.  Together, we can strengthen the pride!
 
Together in service,
 

Joe Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment